Life of Mansour's Reviews

You will find all the reviews for the movies I see, books I read and music I listen to! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Book :: Reading List

Hey there,

When the year 2004 began, I had made one resolution. I had resolved to read more books. I planned on reading one book per week. That means that I should have read at least 32 books by now. However, I have read only about 27 books now, with more waiting to be picked up from my bookshelf. These are the ones I have read or have started reading it.

* In Progress
** Recommended
*** My Favorite Book So Far

Mansour’s Reading List:
1) A Child Called It--- Dave Pelzer**
2) The Lost Boy--- Dave Pelzer
3) A Man Named Dave--- Dave Pelzer 4) Help Yourself--- Dave Pelzer
5) God Has A Dream--- Desmond Tutu**
6) The Kite Runner--- Khaled Hosseini***
7) Life Of Pi--- Yann Martel***
8) House of Bush, House of Saud--- Craig Unger
9) Plan of Attack--- Bob Woodward
10) Bush At War--- Bob Woodward
11) Les Miserables--- Victor Hugo*
12) The Alchemist--- Paulo Coelho
13) Manual of the Warrior of Light--- Paulo Coelho
14) Brick Lane--- Monica Ali*
15) Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff--- Richard Carlson
16) Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff with Family--- Richard Carlson
17) The Five People You Meet In Heaven--- Mitch Albom**
18) The Bookseller of Kabul--- Anne Seirstad*
19) Living the 7 Habits--- Sean Covey
20) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens--- Sean Covey
21) Sunni and Shiah Perspective on Islam--- Dr. Ahmad Salamah**
22) The Highway Code(I needed to know the rules of good driving, knowing that no one follows rules here in Jeddah!)
23) Stupid White Men--- Michael Moore**
24) Downsize This! --- Michael Moore
25) Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right--- Al Franken
26) Five Past Midnight in Bhopal--- Dominique LaPierre and Javier Moro
27) Desperately Seeking Paradise: Journeys of a Skeptical Muslim--- Ziauddin Sardar **

The following books are on my bookshelf and are waiting to be read:

1) To Kill a Mockingbird--- Harper Lee
2) Maps for Lost Lovers--- Nadeem Aslam
3) Traveling with Djinns--- Jamal Mahjoub
4) The Namesake--- Jhumpa Lahiri

If anyone of you have read a good book lately, please let me know. Click on the Make a Comment icon and just write the name of the book.

Thanks. Sincerely,

The Bookworm, Mansur