Life of Mansour's Reviews

You will find all the reviews for the movies I see, books I read and music I listen to! Enjoy!

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Music :: Freedom, Passion and Sacrifice

Hi all,

there is a song by the Pakistani Sufi rock band Junoon that I really like to listen to. It was a song used for the movie, Jinnah. The song title is Azaadi, which means, "Freedom." "

Junoon se,
aur ishq se,
milti hai azaadi!

Qurbani ki bahon mein,
milti hai azaadi."

This means:

"With Passion, and with Love,
We get Freedom.
In the Arms of Sacrifice,
We get Freedom."

I listen to this song, because it talks about attaining Freedom, and although the song was used in the movie to convey the emotional, physical and spiritual struggle the Pakistanis went through to get a separate homeland from India, I think that the song can also be applied on a very personal level, to those who are seeking Freedom! With PASSION, LOVE, and SACRIFICE, can we get FREEDOM!

Yours singing away,

Mansur