Life of Mansour's Reviews

You will find all the reviews for the movies I see, books I read and music I listen to! Enjoy!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Music :: Pehla Nasha

Hey all,

If anything, my favorite Indian movie is called Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander. This movie was released back in the early 90s. I remember when I was having my mocks exams in the month of February. My uncle had made me listen to the song from the movie called Pehla Nasha (First Intoxication).

I simply fell in love with the song, and I would listen to it over and over again. So crazy I was over the song, I had this song playing back to back on a cassette on both sides. Once my mocks were over, I sat down and watched the movie. Towards the end of the movie, I was so engrossed into it, I felt like I was in the movie. When the end was over, I was just so amazed bythe whole experience of it: the truimph of the human spirit!

The song Pehla Nasha is unlike any other Indian song, and the picturization of the song is done superbly. I also remember for my Art Appreciation class in school, I showed my entire year the video for the song Pehla Nasha, knowing that half the class would not understand the language! It is a song I still listen today and have to yet to listen to another Indian song that is as good as this. In fact, I am listening to it right. I think this will be that one song which I will tell my children one day that Pehla Nasha is a classic! On top of that, this particular song reminds me a special friendship I had in school.

Mansur

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home