Life of Mansour's Reviews

You will find all the reviews for the movies I see, books I read and music I listen to! Enjoy!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Music :: Stuck On You

Hi friends,

You know what?

There are certain songs that I listen to now, I am instantly transported back to when I was an innocent, naive little boy going to school. On my rough days, I wish I could be that little boy, living a sheltered life, with no worries of life. Hakuna Matata (if you dont know what this means, go watch The Lion King!)

A lot of the songs include: All night long, Careless whispers, Crazy for you, Hello, Thriller, Take on me, Time after time, We are the world, Don't worry be happy, Turn back the clock, Heaven is a place on earth, Man in the mirror, Right here waiting and so many others. However, the one that is guaranteed to take me back to my innocent days is a song by Lionel Richie called Stuck On You.

As childish as I may sound, I can begin to weep as soon as the first line is sung, because all the memories from my school days come back to my mind as if everything just happened yesterday. I am so thankful that I am able to have sweet memories from the past. I know I am talking like an old man, which I am certainly not, and as someone who is not married yet, I know I have many more memories to make.

Mansur
PS. Do any of you have that one song which can take you back many years in an instant?