Life of Mansour's Reviews

You will find all the reviews for the movies I see, books I read and music I listen to! Enjoy!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Movie :: The Lord of the Rings

Hey friends,

I finished watching The Lord of the Rings last night and I was on an emotional high. I think, no matter what, you have to see the movie in its entirety. I took about 4-5 days top watch it. Each movie is spread over two discs, and so in all I watched 6 discs worth of movie. It is an experience not to be missed. This is what the movies are all about.

I was certainly transported to Middle Earth and I felt like I was with Mr. Frodo and Samwise Gamgee on their trip to Mordor Mountains to destroy the ring! I could not believe how involved I had become with the characters. I was sympathetic/ angry at Smeagol/ Gollum; I was desperate for Mr. Frodo to make it to Mount Mordor; I wanted Aragorn to be re-united with Arwen; I wanted Saruman to die; I wanted the four hobbits to get together! Having been with them for the whole journey, the ending was just so emotional, with Mr. Frodo leaving his group of friends.

If anything, watch the movie in its entirety-- its an expereince not to miss. If I can be picky there are three things that were bugging me:

1) Pippin, the hobbit, was just too annoying for me. The many times he makes a mistake, he just annoyed me a lot. I was beginning to get irritated from him.
2) Where does Legolas gets his endless supply of arrows? Everytime I see his backpack, he has about a handful, and yet he is continuing to shoot arrows as if the supply is endless?
3) At the end, Gandalf comes on an Eagle to lift Mr. Frodo and Samwise from the Mordor Mountain. Why didn't Gandalf lend his Eagle to Mr. Frodo at the beginning to take him to the mountain so Mr. Frodo could save all the walk?

However, despite that, my favorite scene in the movies were:

1) The Mines of Moria sequence (Part one)
2) The Battle at Helm's Deep (Part two) I was freaking out at the sequence with She-Lob, that huge spider. I was shaking and wincing at the scene. Gosh, I hate spiders and I could not imagine Mr. Frodo and Samwise dealing with that huge spider!

Mansur